RING WORKSHOP AUG 11TH
Date: Aug. 11th, Saturday
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Place: The Aviary, 637 E 15th Ave.
In this 3-hour basic wax carving workshop, we will take you through each step of the process - from an introduction to the tools, ring design, sizing and wax carving. We will provide instruction and share tips, but our night has no strict lesson plan. We would like you to enjoy yourselves and create your dream jewellery.
Previous experience in jewellery is not required, nor is any sculpting or drawing skill. The wax carving process uses basic tools, which makes it easy for everyone to design and carve a unique and personalized ring. This workshop will not cover casting process and stone setting.
Step 1. Big block of wax!
Step 2. Carve block into base form of ring.
Step 3. Engrave wax with details. Done!
(We will cast in sterling silver, then file and polish to make the finished product!)
Step 4. Pick up the ring in 3 weeks. Same place; same time. Amazing!
- No experience necessary + all supplies included.
- Wax ring size is range from 5-14.
- Wax width 5mm.
- Extra $30 for wider width 8mm.
- Space is limited to ensure proper instruction and develop personal relationships.
- If you plan on making a ring for someone else, bring in a ring so we can configure that size!
- Silver rings shown are student work. See more of their work here: facebook.com/JewelleryWorkshopVancouver
- Private sessions are available for couples who would like to do this as their wedding bands, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Terms of Bookings:
- Class fee is non-transferable and non-refundable so please be sure you can attend before you purchase!
- Space is limited, and we do not keep an active waiting list.
- The workshop must have a minimum of 4 students before it commences, or it will be cancelled.
- If the workshop is cancelled, we will notify students via email one week in advance, and students will receive a full refund, or the option to transfer their booking to a different date.