PRIVATE RING WORKSHOP
Location: 207 West Hastings St.
Scheduling: Most evenings and weekends. Please indicate dates which work best for you.
In this 3-hour basic wax carving workshop, we will take you through each step of the process - from an introduction to the tools, ring design, sizing and wax carving. We will provide instruction and share tips, but our night has no strict lesson plan. We would like you to enjoy yourselves and create your dream jewellery.
Previous experience in jewellery is not required, nor is any sculpting or drawing skill. The wax carving process uses basic tools, which makes it easy for everyone to design and carve a unique and personalized ring.
Step 1. Big block of wax!
Step 2. Carve block into base form of ring.
Step 3. Engrave wax with details. Done!
We will cast in sterling silver, then file and polish to make the finished product!
Step 4. Pick up the ring in 3 weeks. Same place; same time. Amazing!
- No experience necessary + all supplies included.
- Wax ring size is range from 5-14.
- Wax width 5mm.
- Extra $30 for wider width 8mm.
- Space is limited to ensure proper instruction and develop personal relationships.
- If you plan on making a ring for someone else, bring in a ring so we can configure that size!
*Silver rings shown are student work. See more of their work here: facebook.com/JewelleryWorkshopVancouver